52 embedded commands
by David Engel
Embedded commands are softening language. They are good at bypassing the conscious mind to place ideas directly into the subconscious.
One bogus claim is that embedded commands delivered in normal conversation will make people “do anything you want.” Not even suggestions in real hypnosis are guaranteed that kind of success.
When embedded commands are used to manipulate, their effect wears off quickly.
The best time to use embedded commands is during a hypnosis session. They are very effective on emotionally suggestible patients.
List of 52 Embedded Commands
- You probably already know…
- I wouldn’t tell you to ___, because…
- You may ____.
- Some people…
- …. said “_____”
- One might, you know _________.
- A person may not know if _________.
- I’m wondering if you’ll ____, or not.
- I could tell you that … but …
- Maybe you haven’t …. yet
- It’s easy to _____, is it not?
- Sooner or later…
- You may not know if ___.
- Maybe you’ll ___.
- You don’t have to ___.
- You might notice how good… feels when you…
- Will you _____ now, or will you ____?
- You might notice the sensations in … while you …
- <fact>, <fact>, <fact> and ______.
- You could ____.
- You might notice it feels ….. as you …..
- Eventually, ….
- You can ____, because …
- Can you imagine….
- Can you really enjoy….?
- How would it feel if you ….?
- People can, you know ____.
- People don’t have to , <name>, _____.
- Try to resist….
- A person is able to ____.
- A person might, <name>, _____.
- You might _____
- …. once told me, “_____”
- One could _____, because….
- You might not have noticed ….
- A person could, <name>, _____
- One may, <name>, _____
- You can ____, can you not?
- I don’t know if ____.
- If you ___, then…
- What happens when you ____?
- A person may ___, because …
- When you ___, then…
- You are able to ____.
- Sometimes …
- You may or may not ____.
- I’m wondering if you ….
- Will you …., or …, or …
- You might want to ____, … now
- One can, <name>, ____
- One doesn’t have to, <name>, ____.
- Don’t ____ too quickly.